Sunday, June 17, 2007

HIIT Rocks!

The interval sprint training on the beach seams to be a really effective way to stay fit and to burn fat. I did this activity about 3 weeks 3 time per week and the result is not so bad. Starting at about 95kg now 3 weeks ago, yesterday I saw the value 90.4 on my home-balance. I should convince my wife of the effectiveness of the high intensive interval training (HIIT).

I have two favorites: 30 sec sprint + 30 sec slow is the first. I do this 20 times. It is a really short training - exactly 20 minutes (OK, some additional minutes for warm up and cool down). This is time based. The second one is distance based. On my field, what is the beach area of the city of Varna, Bulgaria, I have fixed distances for sprint and the pause is just walking around. This training is very subjective. The sprint velocity and the pause duration are done on my own feeling. I don't even carry a chronograph.

Couple of months ago I ran the HIIT on the asphalt way in the park. I had very strong leg bone aches. So I decided to change the base and choose the sand on the beach.

Next training will be on 19.06.2007 early in the morning.

Keep on running!

No comments: